Amber and I recently ate at El Loro, which had some fantastic vegetable fajitas which included some potato and squash. Since I really liked this oven baked chicken fajita recipe before ditching meat, I thought I'd modify it for the plant lovers out there.
|Freshly Sliced Veggies|
- 1 can no salt added pinto beans
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Potatoes (sliced)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 3 carrots (julienned)
- Whole Wheat flour tortillas
- Extras like Daiya cheese, avocado, salsa, brown rice – if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place pinto beans in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
- Place all vegetables into the bowl and mix by hand.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.