Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 17: In a Pinch

It was my day off work today, which you would think would be cause for dancing in the street, but I live in MN where it feels like -19F right now and Amber took the vehicle with the car seat to work, so it really meant hanging around the house with a newly walking baby all day. I'm not complaining. She's pretty awesome. Both at walking and laughing.

The Dish that Kinda Kicked Ass

However, we're pretty low on groceries, and with the inability to leave the house, I had to make do with what I had. What I really wanted to do was some sort of a Thai noodle dish or take a stab at Pad Thai, but alas, no noodles to be had. However, I did have the following:

  • Brown Rice
  • Organic Salsa
  • Low Sodium Pinto Beans
  • Guacamole
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Cumin

I think you can figure out the dish on your own from that minimal list, but you know what? It kind of kicked ass.

An Uncanny likeness to Gus
Also, on a positive note, after my treadmill run this morning I attempted some yoga for the first time in nearly 6 months. I sprained and partially tore a ligament in my wrist this past summer while building a deck, which has kept me from that which I love. I had to wear a wrist brace and modify the poses a bit, but it felt really good to ease back into it. I'll be standing on my head in no time.

By the way, have you ever tried to do yoga with your dog in the room? I don't know about yours, but Gus always tries to join in.





The deck that did me wrong. And Gus.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't tried yoga but any sort of at home exercise with a dog or 3 year old around I have found to be difficult! Congrats to little miss Walker. Have fun baby proofing!

    ReplyDelete