Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 5: Chocolate Avocado Smoothie

Stella had me up bright and early this morning. Well maybe not bright, as the sun wasn't close to coming out yet, but we were up nonetheless. Since it's -27F with windchill this glorious winter day, I hopped on the treadmill for a slow and easy 5k trot. What better time for a chocolate avocado smoothie? This is my favorite post work-out meal.

Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 cup non GMO soy milk
  • 1-2 handfulls of frozen kale or spinach
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of ground flaxseed
  • 2 tablespoons of Cacao powder
  • 2 handfulls of frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 an avacado
  • Sometimes I'll add a banana, frozen or fresh
I like to start by blending just the kale and milk until smooth. I then add in everything else and set the Breville to "Smoothie" which is  a great function as it alternates between pulsing and blending. 


No comments:

Post a Comment