Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4: Eating Plants isn't all Roses (And an Easy Oatmeal Breakfast)

Last night things were going swimmingly well. I was bouncing off the walls with energy and felt like the Universe was humming along to a tune that I could deftly sing.

But after a long day at work, I'm here with what feels like "5 Little Monkeys Pounding in my Head" and exhaustion. Perhaps it's an effect of detoxifying myself from my former diet?



However, I did start the day off well with a quick and tasty bowl of Oatmeal.


Lately I've been doing a combo of the following:

  • 2/3 cup of quick oats
  • 1/2-2/3 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
  • Raisons, sliced bananas or both
  • A touch of Maple Syrup

It's quick and easy for a meal on the fly.




Check out her site for more info: www.hotmamasommersalt.com
Also, I got a nice little surprise in the mail tonight. My friend Sommer and her husband have started a salt/spice company on the beautiful island of Maui. I joined her kickstarted campaign and just received my "Hot Mama Sommer Salts!" I can't wait to cook with them (once they thaw). It's a balmy -14F with windchill at the moment. Some days I feel like packing up and joining Sommer on Maui. 

No comments:

Post a Comment