Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 22: Feeling Lucky?

It's a little early to be thinking about green beer and St. Patty's day, so I was a little shocked to find my race packet and hoodie for the Get Lucky 13 7k I signed up for. The race isn't for two months!  Cool swag nonetheless :)

Sign up here: getluckytc.org

Sautéing Veggies
So in the spirit of Green, I made my now routine spaghetti with oil and garlic, but amped up the veggies with:
  • spinach 
  • green pepper
  • broccoli 
  • onion
  • zucchini
I also knocked the oil down to one tablespoon and added a little low sodium vegetable broth to saute the veggies in. Once finished, I added the whole wheat spaghetti and squeezed some fresh lemon over the dish.

So Fresh and So Clean

Staying on the topic of green and fresh, most of you probably know, but grocery stores are laid out with the freshest food around the perimeter of the store, which is where you should do most of your shopping if you want to eat fresh. We were running low on some supplies, so I made a quick stop for some fruits, grains and veggies to eat lean and clean.




Tip of the Day: Shop the Perimeter

No comments:

Post a Comment