Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 2: Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Sauce from Scratch

Turned out much sweeter than I anticipated. Tasted fresh!
I borrowed the majority of this recipe from: AllRecipes.com

I sautéed half a yellow sweet onion with 3 cloves on minced garlic. Dropped in a chopped green pepper, half of a zucchini and 4 tomatoes that I had blended up in the Breville. vrooooom!

On top of that I put in 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano and a teaspoon of basil.

Boil up your favorite whole grain or brown rice noodles and chow down. This fed the two of us, so if you have a larger family, double or triple down at your discretion.

I've seen people making their own noodles from zucchini, so I may need to bite the bullet and buy something like this:
New and Essential Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer




No comments:

Post a Comment