Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 25: Can I order this without...?

Wow, Day 25 already. I knew this day would come. Not day 25 specifically, but the day that I would go out to eat and not be able to pick a restaurant that might suit my chosen culinary needs. It's not a big deal. I never want to become someone that people feel they need to cater to. The chosen restaurant for this particular outing was Jake's and with the ole internet, I could at least check out the menu ahead of time and pre-eat if necessary.

Jake's Fajita Salad
However, speaking of the menu, the only vegetarian dish in it was a cheese and/or vegetable pizza. I thought about getting the veggie pizza sans cheese, but who knows what the crust is made out of and I had made my tortilla pizza for lunch. Then again, pizza twice a day sounds pretty awesome.

So what was left? Well since I'm doing a plant based diet, I should probably lean towards the plants and check out the salads. But wait, they all had meat!

No biggie, I ordered the fajita salad, without cheese and without meat. I forgot to get the dressing on the side, but it wasn't very heavy and I enjoyed it.  The salad consisted of:

  • mixed greens
  • black beans 
  • roasted corn
  • sweet peppers
  • onion
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • tomatillo chipotle vinaigrette
It all came in a big crispy taco bowl that I graciously let Amber eat.

So my first big test eating out was a success and aside from the food, it was great to see family and friends. What I eat doesn't have to define me in total, it's just a part of who I am. And if I can find something to eat at Jake's, I think I can do pretty well anywhere.



1 comment:

  1. nice planning....yum... it was awesome seeing you all too..

    ReplyDelete